Welcome! We’d like to share a few things with you about our unique Adoption Center that we hope will make your visit with us more enjoyable.
- We are a completely volunteer facility. We do receive direct support for the kitty’s welfare (food, medicines, etc) from the organizations that are responsible for them (more about this later), but ALL of the work at the Annex is managed and completed by volunteers.
- About those volunteers. They range in age from 11 to 80, and do everything from cleaning litterboxes, vacuuming the space, playing with and caring for kitties, and all activities related to facilitating adoptions.
- We LOVE our visitors, of all ages. We do ask that you refrain from putting fingers into the kennels as it stresses the cats and even the friendliest kitty may react by scratching or biting.
- We send all unattended children home with a free kitten. Consider this fair warning.*
- We are an ADOPTION Center; we cannot accept incoming animals at the Annex. Please contact the Shelter to set up an appointment to give up a pet for adoption.
- We’d like to take a moment to thank the owners of the Clifton Park Center, who generously offer the use of the space to the Annex at no charge to us.
- We’d also like to thank our support agencies, Homes for Orphaned Pets Exist (H.O.P.E.) and the Saratoga County Animal Shelter.
*Note: This is actually NOT true– you have to 18 or over to adopt from us, although we would be happy to assist you and your children in adopting a kitty if you like!